MHS Contest Itinerary 3/7
8:00 – Rehearsal at MHS
9:15 – Uniform checkout and load trailer
10:00 – Depart for Bartlesville
11:30 – Lunch
12:40 – Load buses for Bartlesville High School
12:50 – Bus drivers leave, watch bands in auditorium
2:40 – Move to buses, dress, and gather equipment (after Claremore Sequoyah’s performance)
3:30 – Prepare for warm-up
3:55 – Official warm-up
4:15 – Performance
4:35 – Sight-reading
5:00 – Return to buses, load equipment, change out of uniform
5:45 – Depart for Miami
7:15 – Arrive at MHS
Things you need to know:
– You will need money for lunch or you may bring a sack lunch
– This contest is the equivalent to your State Contest. When in the building, there is minimal talking, no changing in the restroom.
– Remember that you are representing Miami, Miami Schools and Wardog Bands. (Leave it better than you found it and do everything in reference to Eyes with Pride.)
– Parents may attend concert portion/ not sight-reading. It is free and open to the public.
– Performance will be at Bartlesville HS Fine Arts Center E 18th St, Bartlesville, OK
– UNIFORMS will be worn. ALL students will wear a grey t-shirt… band shorts, LONG Black Socks, and your Black Band Shoes (dinkles)
– Section Leaders are responsible for putting all section folders/ mutes etc. in the music box
– Please make sure that you eat a healthy breakfast, that you hydrate beginning 48 hour before (water only), and limit sugar intake until after the performance. This helps you be less nervous and it is easier to focus.
If there are questions or concerns, please contact Mrs. Harris or Ms. Downard at any time.