Symphonic Band Contest Itinerary 3/8
8:00 – Rehearsal in the WRMS band room
9:00 – Load equipment
9:30 – Depart for Bartlesville
11:00 – Lunch
12:00 – Depart for Bartlesville High School
12:15 – Prep for performance
1:00 – Official warm-up
1:20 – Perform
1:40 – Sight-reading
2:00 – Load buses and equipment
2:45 – Depart for home
4:15 – Arrive back at WRMS
Things you need to know:
- You will need money for lunch or you may bring a sack lunch
- This contest is the equivalent to your State Contest. When in the building, there is minimal talking, no changing in the restroom.
- Remember that you are representing Miami, Miami Schools and Wardog Bands. (leave it better than you found it and do everything in reference to Eyes with Pride.)
- Parents may attend concert portion/ not sight reading. It is free and open to the public.
- Performance will be at Bartlesville HS Fine Arts Center E 18th St, Bartlesville, OK
- UNIFORMS will be worn. ALL students will wear a white t-shirt, LONG Black Socks, and your Black Band Shoes (Dinkles)
- Section Leaders are responsible for putting all section folders/ mutes etc. in the music box
- Please make sure that you eat a healthy breakfast, that you hydrate beginning 48 hour before (water only), and limit sugar intake until after the performance. This helps you be less nervous and it is easier to focus.
If there are questions or concerns, please contact Mrs. Harris or Ms. Downard at any time.