OSSAA STATE CONTEST
MHS BAND Itinerary and Information
Congratulations Wardog Band for making it to OSSAA State Contest. Our quest for Sweepstakes is a definite reality. Now, just keep your eyes set on our goals and let’s have our best performance of the year.
Below you will find the itinerary and information you will need for the day. Remember that all eligibility will apply, so make sure you are taking care of your academic requirements.
Monday-Wednesday will be 7:00AM rehearsal (as usual)
All UNIFORM ISSUES NEED TO BE ADDRESSED TUESDAY AFTER SCHOOL
TUESDAY AFTERNOON– hydration regiments should start. 2 bottles of water and a small Gatorade once on Tuesday and one more bottle of water before bed.
WEDNESDAY-THURSDAY– hydration regiment should be 2 bottles of water/ half of a small Gatorade, repeated 3-4 times, both days.
THURSDAY– OSSAA STATE BAND CONTEST @ East Central State University
Performance Venue: Hallie Brown Ford Fine Arts Center; Ataloa Theatre
7:30- Rehearsal (student should be dressing black gym shorts and grey band shirts, M necklaces
8:15- Load trailer/ Music in crate/ Uniform Check out
8:50- Final Roll Call/Board Buses
9:00- Depart for Shawnee, OK
12:00- Arrive in Shawnee for lunch (Students will need money to eat or bring a sack lunch)
1:00- Depart for Oklahoma Baptist University Band Hall
1:15- Unload, ready for rehearsal
1:45- Rehearsal/ Warm-up/ Tuning etc.
2:45- Load and hydrate
3:15- Depart for East Central State University in Ada, OK
4:15- Arrive at ECU
4:30- Unload/ hydrate and dress in uniforms
5:15- Meet and do breathing gym/ mental prep time
5:35- Move into Hallie Brown Ford Fine Arts Center
5:45- Official Warm-up
6:10- Official State Concert Performance
6:35- Official State Sight Reading Performance
7:00- Load trailer/ hydrate and wait for results (STAY IN UNIFORMS)
7:30- Depart for dinner
8:45- Depart for Miami
12:45AM- Arrive at MHS/ unload/ turn-in uniforms
THINGS TO REMEMBER:
- Students will need money for lunch and dinner
- Section Leaders will collect music and get it in the music crate
- Long Black Socks and Black Band Shoes are required
- Eligibility applies
- Hydration prep is very important, because it is always windy and very dry
- Make sure you watch you sugar and greasy food in-take on Thursday.
- Make sure you have all the supplies and extra reeds/ valve oil/ mutes etc. JUST IN CASE
- I need a band truck/trailer driver
- Performance is free and open to the public, so all of you are welcome (no matter what your son/daughter might say J)
- I will need a water crew for the day
- This is our hardest and most important contest of the year, so all the extra hands and helpers for the little things that arise are welcome.
Congrats again!! Your hard work and dedication has paid off and we are exactly where we hoped to be. Now, let’s finish this in SUPERIOR WARDOG BAND fashion.
Eyes with Pride… Mrs. Harris